What’s the difference between ASB funds and Booster Funds?
Used to purchase uniforms, pay for buses, equipment etc
the students participate or it is based out of school -
- BLHS Volleyball camp
These monies go through the ASB and are accessed by Coaches
- Team Camp
- Concessions at BLHS events
During the volleyball season:
We will need at least one person working in stand that has a food handlers card we usually
have Varsity parents work during C/JV match and C/JV parents work during Varsity match.
used to fund team events such as:
- Team Dinners
- Senior Night
- Gifts for coaches
- Balls to throw at home games
- Game Shirts
Booster fundraisers – parents need to do 60% or more of the work and must be advertised as a booster function.
Volleyball Boosters are the only booster club who fund scholarships for our players.
To date we have funded $6000 in scholarships – these are often eligible for match at the
participating schools and we usually offer $500 to Seniors on the Varsity team.
We ask each player’s family to pay “invoice” of $50 at the beginning of season which pays for:
- A practice t-shirt for each girl
- A “game day” t-shirt for Varsity players
- Snacks – we provide drink and snack for our girls after each game and for visiting team at home games
- A ticket to the volleyball banquet for each girl
- Gift for the coaches
- Team dinners – we usually sponsor two team dinners per season – feed the girls after practice
- Senior Night Activities
- And other Booster activities
We ask each player’s family to participate as they can in the fund raising we sponsor.
For a list of current boosters activities you can get involved with see our volunteer page
We always need help, even if you can only help out on one night or with one event.